Immunization News and Updates
Upcoming Events and Trainings
There are no events or trainings scheduled at this time. Please check back soon.
Vaccine Recall or Shortage Information
The United States is currently experiencing a Pediarix, Pentacel, and Daptacel shortage. For more information, download the Vax Fax.
July 2013: Sanofi Pasteur has issued a voluntary suspension in the release of Typhim Vi [Typhoid Vi Polysaccharide Vaccine]. This is a precautionary measure based on a quality systems report of a production irregularity. Sanofi Pasteur confirmed the quality and safety of the doses distributed and on the market. The live attenuated oral vaccine, Vivotif, is still in production and is an alternative to injectable vaccination for individuals 6 years and older.
A voluntary recall for Recombivax HB(r) [Hepatitis B Vaccine (Recombinant)], Adult Formulation, Lot number J001183 is being initiated by
Merck. Here are additional details:
- Reason: due to the potential for a limited number of cracked vials to be present in the lot
- Distribution dates: distributed by Merck between March 12, 2013 and May 2, 2013
- What should I do if I have this product lot number?
- Do not use the doses (if you have already used them, revaccination is not necessary)
- Contact Merck National Service Center via phone at (800) 672-6372 Select Prompt #1 then Prompt #2. (Monday to Friday 8 AM to 7 PM EST).
Please see below links for additional information.