AITC is a non-profit, fee-for-service clinic that is part of the San Francisco Department of Public Health. AITC is a full service travel medicine provider for individuals, groups and families, and offers TB testing and routine immunization for adults and teens. Learn more about AITC
HOW TO ACCESS COVID 19 VACCINE AT AITC
Question: Who can schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment at AITC?
Answer: Persons who need a 2nd dose of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, but are not able to receive it from their 1st dose location. Please click <here> to schedule an appointment, but only if you need the 2nd dose and are unable to receive it from your 1st dose location.
Please note that while the optimal time to receive your 2nd dose is 21 days (Pfizer) and 28 days (Moderna), per the US Centers for Disease Control you can get the 2nd dose up to 42 days after your first dose.
Question: Who can sign up to be on-call to receive an end-of-day stand-by dose of COVID-19 vaccine at AITC?
Answer: Any persons who are currently eligible for COVID-19 vaccination in San Francisco and need the first dose, please click here for the <WAITLIST> then select “Waitlist COVID vaccine #1” and read instructions carefully on how to join our wait list.
Thank you very much for your participation, understanding and patience. Our eligibility will be updated again on April 15, 2021 when all persons age 16 years and above become eligible for COVID-19 vaccination in California.
News & Highlights
During the pandemic AITC is open by appointment only for:
- Adult and adolescent vaccinations not for the purpose of international travel.
- TB testing via skin test or Quantiferon blood test
- Blood testing to determine immunity to vaccine preventable diseases (measles, mumps, rubella, varicella, hepatitis A or B)
- COVID-19 vaccination
We apologize, but during the COVID-19 pandemic, AITC is unable to provide advice, consultation, clinic visits, or vaccinations related to International Travel.
If you are preparing for International Travel, please complete your travel health consultation with another travel medicine clinic.
Limited Exceptions: Yellow Fever vaccine, Japanese Encephalitis vaccine, with prior authorization only. Once you have completed your travel health consultation with another clinic, if you were recommended to receive Yellow Fever or Japanese Encephalitis vaccine but unable to obtain it from your travel health provider, you may call (415) 554-2860 to speak with our AITC nurse to receive prior authorization for a Yellow Fever-only or Japanese Encephalitis-only visit at AITC.
Call us! As part of the SF Dept. Public Health, Section on Communicable Disease, we have the knowledge and resources to evaluate potential rabies exposures and determine next steps. We administer human rabies immune globulin (HRIG) and rabies vaccines when needed, carefully following CDC protocol, and we do this at costs well below hospital emergency departments, and without the long wait. We are out-of-network for all insurers, so you may also want to check with your health plan to see what costs they will cover.
AITC seeks to make vaccination easy and affordable for persons who lack medical insurance or are experiencing financial hardship. Our free and low-cost vaccines change from time to time, depending on what we have available. Please see prices and eligibility for free and low-cost vaccines at AITC.
- Travel consultations are not considered “essential” services during the pandemic
- If you need to travel internationally, call our Nurse Manager (415-554-2860) for information about Travel Clinics in the Bay Area that offer travel consultations.
- International Travel consultations are not currently available at AITC during the pandemic (starting March 2020)
- If you need a dose of Yellow Fever vaccine or Japanese Encephalitis vaccine please contact our Nurse Manager at 415-554-2860.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, your safety Is our first priority
- All visitors and clinic staff must wear a face covering at all times. If you don’t have a face covering, we will provide one.
- All visits are now by appointment-only. This ensures that we keep space between patients and maintain social distancing at all times. For your convenience, you can book an appointment online or call us at (415) 554-2625.
- We strictly limit the number of patients inside the clinic at all times, and provide clear floor markings and signs inside and outside of the clinic to ensure social distancing.
- We conduct daily health screening for all staff and visitors before entering the clinic.
- There’s plenty of hand sanitizer available for patients and staff.
- We sanitize all surfaces, pens, and clipboards before use and multiple times a day.
- Our front desk staff will assist you from behind a plexiglass barrier, for your safety and theirs.