News & Highlights
Updated June 22, 2021. Current status of services at AITC:
We are open by appointment for:
- Routine adult and adolescent vaccinations — see CDC immunization schedule
- TB testing via skin test or Quantiferon blood test
- Blood testing to determine immunity to vaccine preventable diseases (measles, mumps, rubella, varicella, hepatitis A or B)
- COVID-19 vaccination for ages 12 years and up.
We are not offering consultations, visits, or vaccinations for international travel at this time, with the following exceptions:
- Yellow fever vaccine, but only after you have completed a travel health consultation for this trip, with another travel medicine provider. We have a new process for accessing this service, which requires completion and submission of a questionnaire before we can authorize your appointment. Please check with our Front Desk at (415) 554-2625 or obtain the questionnaire from our Forms page.
- Japanese encephalitis vaccine, completion of series you already started. Prior authorization required; please speak with our nurse first, at (415) 554-2863.
Thank you for your understanding as we still have staff deployed for COVID-19 operations.
Call us! As part of the SF Dept. Public Health, Section on Communicable Disease, we have the knowledge and resources to evaluate potential rabies exposures and determine next steps. We administer human rabies immune globulin (HRIG) and rabies vaccines when needed, carefully following CDC protocol, and we do this at costs well below hospital emergency departments, and without the long wait. We are out-of-network for all insurers, so you may also want to check with your health plan to see what costs they will cover.
AITC seeks to make vaccination easy and affordable for persons who lack medical insurance or are experiencing financial hardship. Our free and low-cost vaccines change from time to time, depending on what we have available. Please see prices and eligibility for free and low-cost vaccines at AITC.
Updated June 22, 2021
If you need yellow fever vaccine, here is the process to follow.
Contact another travel medicine provider for your pre-travel health consultation. If you’re traveling to a yellow fever area, you are strongly advised to consult a specialty provider about your trip so you can have all the recommended vaccinations, anti-malaria prophylaxis, etc. AITC is not currently offering pre-travel consultations due to staffing limitations during COVID-19.
Some travel medicine providers will able to offer yellow fever vaccine. If you are unable to obtain it from them, AITC can offer yellow fever vaccine, but please follow these steps:
- Complete your travel health visit with another provider first
- Then download our yellow fever vaccine request from our Forms page and return it to us via email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) for nurse review
- If you qualify medically we will contact you to schedule an appointment. If you don’t, we will let you know.
- Questions: Please contact our Front Desk at (415) 554-2625
Updated June 22, 2021
Question: How do I schedule an appointment for a first dose of COVID-19 vaccine at AITC?
Answer: Click <here> and select the service “COVID vaccine #1”. Note: minors age 12 through 17 years are only eligible for Pfizer vaccine — if age 12-17 choose only MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, or FRIDAY appointment (we do not offer Pfizer on Tuesday or Thursday).
Question: How do I schedule an appointment for a second dose of COVID-19 vaccine at AITC?
Answer: Please click <here> and select the service “Moderna 2nd dose” or “Pfizer 2nd dose.” Also note that while the optimal time to receive your 2nd dose is 21 days (Pfizer) or 28 days (Moderna), per the US Centers for Disease Control you can get the 2nd dose up to 42 days after your first dose. If it has been more than 42 days since your first dose, you should still get the second dose as soon as you can.
Question: What is the consent process for COVID-19 vaccine for minors age 12 through 17 years?
Answer: Our preference is that the parent or legal guardian comes to the vaccination visit with the minor. If that is not possible, the minor may come to the visit with a COVID screening/registration form with the consent signed by the parent or legal guardian. If the minor comes to the visit without a signed consent, we will attempt to reach the parent or guardian by telephone. If we are unable to reach the parent or guardian by phone, we will follow Health Officer Order C19-19 which allows minors age 12 years and up to consent under certain circumstances.
Thank you very much for your participation.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, your safety Is our first priority
- All visitors and clinic staff must wear a face covering at all times. If you don’t have a face covering, we will provide one.
- All visits are now by appointment-only. This ensures that we keep space between patients and maintain social distancing at all times. For your convenience, you can book an appointment online or call us at (415) 554-2625.
- We strictly limit the number of patients inside the clinic at all times, and provide clear floor markings and signs inside and outside of the clinic to ensure social distancing.
- We conduct daily health screening for all staff and visitors before entering the clinic.
- There’s plenty of hand sanitizer available for patients and staff.
- We sanitize all surfaces, pens, and clipboards before use and multiple times a day.
- Our front desk staff will assist you from behind a plexiglass barrier, for your safety and theirs.