News & Highlights
Updated June 22, 2021. Current status of services at AITC:
We are open by appointment for:
- Routine adult and adolescent vaccinations — see CDC immunization schedule
- TB testing via skin test or Quantiferon blood test
- Blood testing to determine immunity to vaccine preventable diseases (measles, mumps, rubella, varicella, hepatitis A or B)
- COVID-19 vaccination for ages 12 years and up.
We are not offering consultations, visits, or vaccinations for international travel at this time, with the following exceptions:
- Yellow fever vaccine, but only after you have completed a travel health consultation for this trip, with another travel medicine provider. We have a new process for accessing this service, which requires completion and submission of a questionnaire before we can authorize your appointment. Please check with our Front Desk at (415) 554-2625 or obtain the questionnaire from our Forms page.
- Japanese encephalitis vaccine, completion of series you already started. Prior authorization required; please speak with our nurse first, at (415) 554-2863.
Thank you for your understanding as we still have staff deployed for COVID-19 operations.
Updated June 24, 2021
If you are seeking yellow fever vaccine, here is the process to follow.
Contact another travel medicine provider for your pre-travel health consultation. If you’re traveling to a yellow fever area, you are strongly advised to consult a specialty provider about your trip so you can have all the recommended vaccinations, anti-malaria prophylaxis, etc. AITC is not currently offering pre-travel consultations due to staffing limitations during COVID-19.
Some travel medicine providers will able to offer yellow fever vaccine. If you are unable to obtain it from them, AITC can offer yellow fever vaccine, but please follow these steps:
- Complete your travel health visit with another provider first
- Then download our yellow fever vaccine request from our Forms page and return it to us via email (to email@example.com)
- We will contact you about an appointment after we have your form
- Questions: Please contact our Front Desk at (415) 554-2625
Updated June 22, 2021
Question: How do I schedule an appointment for a first dose of COVID-19 vaccine at AITC?
Answer: Click <here> and select the service “COVID vaccine #1”. Note: minors age 12 through 17 years are only eligible for Pfizer vaccine — if age 12-17 choose only MONDAY or WEDNESDAY appointment (we do not offer Pfizer on Tuesdays, Thursdays or Fridays).
Question: How do I schedule an appointment for a second dose of COVID-19 vaccine at AITC?
Answer: Please click <here> and select the service “Moderna 2nd dose” or “Pfizer 2nd dose.” Also note that while the optimal time to receive your 2nd dose is 21 days (Pfizer) or 28 days (Moderna), per the US Centers for Disease Control you can get the 2nd dose up to 42 days after your first dose. If it has been more than 42 days since your first dose, you should still get the second dose as soon as you can.
Question: What is the consent process for COVID-19 vaccine for minors age 12 through 17 years?
Answer: Our preference is that the parent or legal guardian comes to the vaccination visit with the minor. If that is not possible, the minor may come to the visit with a COVID screening/registration form with the consent signed by the parent or legal guardian. If the minor comes to the visit without a signed consent, we will attempt to reach the parent or guardian by telephone. If we are unable to reach the parent or guardian by phone, we will follow Health Officer Order C19-19 which allows minors age 12 years and up to consent under certain circumstances.
Thank you very much for your participation.
Please read before making an appointment at AITC
AITC offers either Pfizer or Moderna vaccine as a booster for Johnson & Johnson Covid vaccine recipients. You may receive your booster dose at least 2 months after your primary dose.
On our appointment page, please select ” COVID Booster mRNA for J&J”
To be eligible you must have moderate or severe immune compromise as defined by CDC, and your 2nd dose of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine was at least 28 days ago.
Your regular healthcare provider is in the best position to determine if you are eligible, and administer a 3rd dose.
If you cannot access a third dose through your regular provider, you can schedule an appointment at AITC.
At the visit, you must self-attest to having one of the following conditions or treatments:
• Receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
• Received an organ transplant and am taking medicine to suppress my immune system
• Received a stem cell transplant within the last two years or am taking medicine to suppress the immune system
• Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (e.g., DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
• Advanced or untreated HIV infection
• Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that suppress my immune response
You can mix-and-match booster doses … in other words, the vaccine product for your booster can be different from the vaccine product you got for your primary dose.
On our appointment page, you may select either one of the following:
-COVID Moderna Additional Dose for immunocompromised
-COVID Pfizer Additional Dose for immunocompromised
If you are eligible, make an appointment with us.
Please see this CDC page for booster dose eligibility. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/booster-shot.html. You will be asked to attest to your eligibility for a booster, but will not need to show proof.
You can mix-and-match booster doses … in other words, the vaccine product for your booster can be different from the vaccine product you got for your primary dose. For example, if you received a Johnson & Johnson primary dose, you can get a booster at AITC with either Pfizer or Moderna vaccine. (We do not carry the Johnson & Johnson vaccine).
You may want to consult with your healthcare provider to discuss which booster vaccine product is best for you.
From our appointment page, you may select the booster product you want to receive.
-COVID booster Moderna 3rd doses
-COVID booster Pfizer 3rd doses
Call us! As part of the SF Dept. Public Health, Section on Communicable Disease, we have the knowledge and resources to evaluate potential rabies exposures and determine next steps. We administer human rabies immune globulin (HRIG) and rabies vaccines when needed, carefully following CDC protocol, and we do this at costs well below hospital emergency departments, and without the long wait. We are out-of-network for all insurers, so you may also want to check with your health plan to see what costs they will cover.
AITC seeks to make vaccination easy and affordable for persons who lack medical insurance or are experiencing financial hardship. Our free and low-cost vaccines change from time to time, depending on what we have available. Please see prices and eligibility for free and low-cost vaccines at AITC.
AITC is offering Pay-What-You-Can (any amount up to the full price) for individuals, who are between 10 years old and 18 years old, need the below vaccines or TB skin test for school or work purpose.
Vaccine or test available for Pay-What-You-Can Program
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- HVP Vaccine (Gardasil-9)
- Regular Flu vaccine or FluMist
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella Vaccine (MMR)
- Meningococcal ACWY Vaccine (Menveo)
- Polio (IPOL)
- Tetanus only (Limited supply)
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis Vaccine (Tdap)
- Varicella (chickenpox) Vaccine
- TB Skin test
As San Francisco re-opens, your COVID-19 safety is still our priority
- All visitors and clinic staff must wear a face covering at all times per state regulations. This includes both vaccinated and unvaccinated persons. If you don’t have a face covering, we will provide one.
- All visits are by appointment-only. For your convenience, you can book an appointment online or call us at (415) 554-2625.
- We limit the number of patients inside the clinic at any one time and provide clear floor markings and signs inside and outside of the clinic to ensure social distancing.
- We conduct daily health screening for all staff and visitors before entering the clinic.
- There’s hand sanitizer available and our reception staff will assist you from behind a plexiglass barrier, for your safety and theirs.