News & Highlights
Updated December 14, 2022
- Mpox vaccine is available for 1st and 2nd doses. Patients can choose to get their dose injected subcutaneously (regular shot) or intradermally (forearm). Anyone who wishes to be protected can get vaccinated with Mpox vaccine. See eligibility
- We have resumed Travel Health Visit appointments for individuals who are planning for international travel. Slots are limited due to our many public health priorities.
- We have resumed Regular Visit (Non Travel related visits) appointments for Blood Tests/TB skin tests and other immunizations for personal health protection or for work/school purpose
- Our Regular Visit is also available for San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) K-12 students who do not have a primary care doctor or clinic, and who need vaccines required to attend school. Please note that SFSUD students who already have a regular pediatric doctor or clinic must contact their regular doctor or clinic. Costs: SFUSD students who have Medi-Cal, who are uninsured, or are Alaskan Natives or American Indian, will receive free vaccine. Others may purchase vaccines on a sliding payment scale. The child must be accompanied by the parent or legal guardian, and must bring (a) the letter from SFUSD, (b) the child’s Medi-Cal card (if available), and (c) all the child’s shot records since birth, including any records from other states or other countries. At the visit, students will also be able to receive a flu vaccine and (if age 6 years and up) a Moderna bivalent COVID-19 booster shot.
Please click the “BOOK NOW” button at the right side ⇒ and read carefully for the details before making an online appointment.
Please check our price list for free flu vaccine or other flu vaccine options.
Travel Health Visit appointments are available, slots may be limited due to other public health priorities. Read our description page and proceed to click the “BOOK NOW” button on the bottom of description page.
TicoVac vaccine for tick-borne encephalitis is now available!
• To receive this vaccine call to speak with one of our nurses at (415) 554 -2863 before scheduling an appointment.
• Tick-borne encephalitis is a viral infection occurring in certain areas of Europe and Asia, acquired through the bite of an infected tick.
• Vaccine is recommended for some persons moving or traveling to a TBE-endemic area and will have extensive exposure to ticks based on their planned outdoor activities and itinerary.
• Risk exists for travelers hiking, camping or engaging in outdoor activities in affected countries, especially during April through November.
TicoVac is given in 3 doses:
1 yr old to 15 yrs old: the first dose is followed by a second dose 1-3 months later and the 3rd dose is 5 to 12 months after second dose
16 yrs old and older: the first dose is followed by a second dose 14 days – 3 months after the first and the 3rd dose is 5 to 12 months after second dose
Please see our prices
We currently only offer Moderna Bivalent COVID booster for Ages 6 Years and above.
For information about second boosters, please click here.
If you are eligible, make an appointment with us.
Please see this CDC page for booster dose eligibility. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/booster-shot.html. You will be asked to attest to your eligibility for a booster, but will not need to show proof.
You may want to consult with your healthcare provider to discuss which booster vaccine product is best for you.
Consent process for minors age 12-17, please click here
Call us! As part of the SF Dept. Public Health, Section on Communicable Disease, we have the knowledge and resources to evaluate potential rabies exposures and determine next steps. We administer human rabies immune globulin (HRIG) and rabies vaccines when needed, carefully following CDC protocol, and we do this at costs well below hospital emergency departments, and without the long wait. We are out-of-network for all insurers, so you may also want to check with your health plan to see what costs they will cover.
AITC seeks to make vaccination easy and affordable for persons who lack medical insurance or are experiencing financial hardship. Our free and low-cost vaccines change from time to time, depending on what we have available. Please see prices and eligibility for free and low-cost vaccines at AITC.
For persons between ages 10 through 18 years of age, AITC offers flexible discounts for vaccines or TB skin tests needed for school or work. We call it “Pay What You Can” and the amount you pay is up to you — anywhere from zero to our full price.
Vaccine or test available for Pay-What-You-Can Program
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- HPV Vaccine (Gardasil-9)
- Regular Flu vaccine or FluMist
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella Vaccine (MMR)
- Meningococcal ACWY Vaccine (Menveo)
- Polio (IPOL)
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis Vaccine (Tdap or Td)
- Varicella (chickenpox) Vaccine
- TB Skin test
As San Francisco re-opens, your COVID-19 safety is still our priority
- All visitors and clinic staff must wear a face covering at all times per state regulations. This includes both vaccinated and unvaccinated persons. If you don’t have a face covering, we will provide one.
- All visits are by appointment-only. For your convenience, you can book an appointment online or call us at (415) 554-2625.
- We limit the number of patients inside the clinic at any one time and provide clear floor markings and signs inside and outside of the clinic to ensure social distancing.
- We conduct daily health screening for all staff and visitors before entering the clinic.
- There’s hand sanitizer available and our reception staff will assist you from behind a plexiglass barrier, for your safety and theirs.