Appointments & Drop-In
Visits related to International Travel Health are by appointment only.
- It’s best to schedule 4-6 weeks before departure to allow time for vaccination series to be completed; however a visit close to departure is still valuable and better than no visit at all!
- We try to accommodate same-day appointments; call if you need to be seen right away
- Cancellation policy: please notify us at least 1 full business day and 24 hours in advance if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment
- Group appointments are welcome. For groups of 3 or more we require a credit card hold; a $100 charge will be applied for no-shows or late cancellations.
All other services are drop-in, no appointment is needed.
Payment & Insurance
For a list of prices and services, see Prices & Deals
Payment in full is expected at the time of service: VISA, Mastercard, Discover, or Cash. Sorry, no AMEX or personal checks.
Those planning international travel, who have:
- a Blue Shield of California PPO Plan
- a United Healthcare PPO Plan
We can bill your insurance. AITC is an out-of-network provider. The amount the insurer will pay depends on your plan and deductible; you will be responsible for the full balance. (Sorry, we can’t bill your EPO or HMO plan as those are limited to in-network providers). Please bring your insurance card and a credit card to your travel appointment.
Medicare beneficiaries are welcome to visit AITC and pay our regular fees at the time of service. AITC has “opted out” and is not a Medicare provider. More info
Hours of Operation
- Monday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Tuesday 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Weds, Thurs, Friday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
AITC Immunization & Travel Clinic
San Francisco Dept. Public Health
101 Grove Street, Room 102
San Francisco, CA 94102
Location – get map
SW corner, Civic Center Plaza
Across from City Hall
BART / MUNI: Civic Center Station
Metered street parking, OR
Civic Center Garage
- Nov 23-24 – closed for Thanksgiving
- Dec 25 – closed for Christmas Day
- Jan 1 – closed for New Year’s Day
- Jan 15 – closed for MLK Birthday
- Feb 19 – closed for Presidents’ Day
- May 28 – closed for Memorial Day
- July 4 – closed for Independence Day
- Sept 3 – closed for Labor Day