Appointments & Drop-In
Visits related to International Travel Health are by appointment only.
- It’s best to schedule 4-6 weeks before departure to allow time for vaccination series to be completed; however a visit close to departure is still valuable and better than no visit at all!
- We try to accommodate same-day appointments; call if you need to be seen right away
- Cancellation policy: please notify us at least 1 full business day and 24 hours in advance if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment
- Group appointments are welcome. For groups of 3 or more we require a credit card hold; a $100 charge will be applied for no-shows or late cancellations.
All other services are drop-in, no appointment is needed.
Payment & Insurance
For a list of prices and services, see Prices & Deals
Payment in full is expected at the time of service: VISA, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX or Cash. Sorry, no personal checks.
Those planning international travel, who have a Blue Shield of California PPO Plan. We can bill your insurance. AITC is an out-of-network provider. The amount the insurer will pay depends on your plan and deductible; you will be responsible for the full balance. (Sorry, we can’t bill your EPO or HMO plan as those are limited to in-network providers). Please bring your insurance card and a credit card to your travel appointment.
Starting March 19, 2018, we no longer accept United Health Care PPO.
Medicare beneficiaries are welcome to visit AITC and pay our regular fees at the time of service. AITC has “opted out” and is not a Medicare provider. More info
Hours of Operation
- Monday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Tuesday 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Weds, Thurs, Friday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
AITC Immunization & Travel Clinic
San Francisco Dept. Public Health
101 Grove Street, Room 102
San Francisco, CA 94102
Location – get map
SW corner, Civic Center Plaza
Across from City Hall
BART / MUNI: Civic Center Station
Metered street parking, OR
Civic Center Garage
- Jan 1 – closed for New Year’s Day
- Jan 15 – closed for MLK Birthday
- Feb 19 – closed for Presidents’ Day
- May 28 – closed for Memorial Day
- July 4 – closed for Independence Day
- Sept 3 – closed for Labor Day
- May 28- closed for Memorial Day
- July 4- closed for Independence Day
- September 3-closed for Labor Day
- October 8- closed for Columbus Day
- November 22,23-closed for Thanksgiving Day
- December 25-closed for Christmas Day