Starting April 1, 2022, we are resuming travel health appointments for international travel. Visits will be for just one person at a time (couples or groups please schedule each person separately). Please see our appointment instructions.
For People Planning International Travel
We are experts in travel medicine. To prepare for your trip, we offer a Travel Health Visit — your personal preventive health care session with an experienced AITC travel & immunization nurse. Your nurse will gather information and make recommendations, and you have the opportunity to ask questions and participate in decision-making.
A Travel Health Visit appointment is required for clients who are preparing for international travel. Visits last 60 minutes. We recommend making the appointment for 4-6 weeks prior to your departure in case several doses of a vaccine are required. See Appointments… A single fee for the Travel Health visit covers all services below. Vaccines are priced additionally. We do not accept insurance at this time. We accept Visa, Master and American Express card and Cash only. To prepare your Travel Health Visit appointment, please prepare your full itinerary including layovers and be aware that late arrivals may have to reschedule. Expect to stay one hour with the nurse.
Travel Vaccines & Medications
- We stock all FDA-approved vaccines for international travel. See Prices.
- We offer prescriptions for travel-related conditions: Malaria, Travelers’ Diarrhea, High Altitude Illness, Anaphylaxis. AITC will send a prescription to a pharmacy of your choice, where you can purchase the medication.
Additional travel-related services
- International Certificates of Vaccination
- Yellow Fever vaccine Certification or Medical Waiver
- For travelers who suspect they have contracted a disease while traveling, we offer referral to a specialist in tropical medicine or infectious diseases
During the Travel Health Visit, your nurse will:
Starting April 1, 2022, we are resuming travel health appointments for international travel.
Visits will be for just one person at a time (couples or groups please schedule each person separately).
- Review your travel plans closely, noting activities, places, and season of travel
- Point out disease risks specific to your trip, based on our comprehensive, up-to-date, global database
- Note your medications, allergies, medical conditions, and past vaccines
- Recommend vaccines & medications customized for your trip, and discuss the risks & benefits of each
- Assess your malaria risk, and recommend a malaria prevention drug if needed
- Tell you which vaccines you do not need
- If cost is an issue, help you prioritize decisions to achieve the most cost-effective plan
- Advise you how to stay healthy and avoid or manage common travel health problems
- Administer your vaccines comfortably
- Provide the AITC Handbook – 24 pages of travel health advice you can fold up and take with you
- Ensure your medication prescriptions are transmitted to the pharmacy of your choice.
- Answer your questions