Our apologies! Since many of our staff have been reassigned to assist with the COVID-19 response, our international travel vaccination services are currently unavailable.
For People Planning International Travel
We are experts in travel medicine. To prepare for your trip, we offer a Travel Health Visit — your personal preventive health care session with an experienced AITC travel & immunization nurse. Your nurse will gather information and make recommendations, and you have the opportunity to ask questions and participate in decision-making.
A Travel Health Visit appointment is required for clients who are preparing for international travel. Visits last 30-40 minutes. We recommend making the appointment for 4-6 weeks prior to your departure in case serial doses of a vaccine are required. However, we recognize that advance planning is not always possible. Call us for an appointment even if you are leaving tomorrow! We also try to accommodate same-day appointments for travelers with immediate departure dates. See Appointments… A single fee for the Travel Health visit covers all services below. Vaccines are priced additionally.
Travel Vaccines & Medications
- We stock all FDA-approved vaccines for international travel. See Prices.
- We offer prescriptions for travel-related conditions: Malaria, Travelers’ Diarrhea, High Altitude Illness, Anaphylaxis. There are 2 Options:
- You can purchase the medication at AITC (see Prices), and it will be dispensed before you leave the clinic;
- AITC will send a prescription to a pharmacy of your choice, where you can purchase the medication.
Additional travel-related services
- International Certificates of Vaccination
- Yellow Fever vaccine Certification or Medical Waiver
- Travel products for sale at competitive prices:
- Ultrathon® 34% DEET Insect Repellent
- W.H.O. formula Oral Rehydration packets
- Permethrin treatment for clothing, nets, and tents
- Chlorine Dioxide water purification
- Steri-Pen reusable portable UV water purifier
- For travelers who suspect they have contracted a disease while traveling, we offer referral to a specialist in tropical medicine or infectious diseases
Let AITC come to you! For businesses and organizations, we offer Travel Health Visits at your work site, by prior arrangement. See Business Services
During the Travel Health Visit, your nurse will:
- Review your travel plans closely, noting activities, places, and season of travel
- Point out disease risks specific to your trip, based on our comprehensive, up-to-date, global database
- Note your medications, allergies, medical conditions, and past vaccines
- Recommend vaccines & medications customized for your trip, and discuss the risks & benefits of each
- Assess your malaria risk, and recommend a malaria prevention drug if needed
- Tell you which vaccines you do not need
- If cost is an issue, help you prioritize decisions to achieve the most cost-effective plan
- Advise you how to stay healthy and avoid or manage common travel health problems
- Administer your vaccines comfortably
- Provide the AITC Handbook – 24 pages of travel health advice you can fold up and take with you
- Ensure your medication prescriptions are transmitted to the pharmacy of your choice or dispensed before you leave AITC
- Answer your questions