If you are planning international travel:
- Call us at (415) 554-2625 to schedule an appointment and be prepared to give all the countries you will be visiting during your trip including any layovers.
- Before the day of appointment, download our forms and complete them thoroughly.
On the day of your visit:
- Eat a full meal and keep yourself hydrated
- Wear clothing that allows easy access to the upper arm / shoulder area.
- Arrive 20-30 minutes before appointment time. Parking in the Civic Center requires extra time. Please consider taking public transportation or arrange drop off if possible.
- Bring your completed clinic forms
- Bring your immunization records and medication list
- If you want us to submit claims for you (depends on your insurance type and plan) bring your insurance ID and a valid credit card which you are an authorized user
- Check in at the front desk and hand your completed forms to our front desk staff.
- After registration process is complete, we will give you an AITC handbook and a handout regarding your trip. These contain important information so please read them while you are waiting to see our clinician so you have an opportunity to ask questions.
- The first part of the visit is an evaluation and recommendations session. Our clinician will review your health history and the latest disease information for your destination(s) to provide you recommendations.
- The second part of the visit is the vaccination session. You will be asked to pay at the front desk before you receive the vaccine.
If you need a TB test, blood test, follow up immunization from a previous visit, or other non-travel related services:
- Drop in within the clinic hours.
- Check in at the front desk. You will be asked to complete some forms.
- After registration process is complete, you will be seen by our next available drop in clinician.
- The wait time is generally about 20 minutes but can be shorter or longer. We do our best to keep the wait time as short as possible.
- When it is your turn, our clinician will see you for evaluation and recommendations, then ask you to pay at the front desk for service(s) you will receive.
- Some services such as TB skin test may require you to return to our clinic a few days later for the result. Please check with our clinician for more details.