Providers should contact their regular distributors or the vaccine manufacturers. Providers who meet eligibility criteria (nonprofit providers who serve low-income, high-risk individuals) may qualify for free vaccine from our Influenza Vaccine Distribution program (see below).
Seasonal Flu Vaccine Distribution Program for Clinics Serving Low Income or Uninsured Clients
Open enrollment for the Flu Vaccine Distribution Program is limited to once per year. All 2019-2020 program applications are due by Friday, August 23, 2019. If your organization is interested in applying to receive vaccine from SFDPH, please review the program guidelines. If your organization meets the eligibility criteria, contact the SFDPH immunization Program at (415) 554-2955 to request the application materials.
Flu Program Participant Requirements and Resources
Program participants agree to follow California Department of Public Health (CDPH) standards for storage and handling of vaccine. Prior to submitting your application, your Primary Vaccine Coordinator and two Back-Up Coordinators must thoroughly read the current SFDPH Vaccine Management Plan. This Plan is a compilation of resources designed to help your clinic with vaccine administration, ordering, storage and handling.
Annually and following any staffing change, program participants should update the following documents and post them clearly on or near the vaccine storage unit:
Two usage reports are due each flu season:
Other useful flu program partner resources:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Flu Information
- AITC Immunization and Travel Clinic
- Immunization Action Coalition
- California Immunization Coalition
- San Francisco Immunization Coalition
- National Flu Activity and Surveillance
- Information about thimerosal
- Pneumococcal Vaccine Information
- FluMist Nasal Flu Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions
Please call the Communicable Disease Prevention Unit with any questions: (415) 554-2955
Flu Vaccine Links
- Where to get a flu vaccine
- Pregnant Women are at Risk for Serious Complications from Flu flyer [English] [Spanish] [Chinese]
- Vaccine Information Statements (VIS)
- California Department of Public Health Influenza Vaccine Identification Guide