Hepatitis awareness and prevention includes educating patients, the community, and health care providers.
Provider Training Activities
San Francisco Department of Public Health facilitates various educational activities:
- The San Francisco Hep B Free campaign works with many community based organizations and hospitals in San Francisco to promote knowledge and awareness of chronic hepatitis B.
- “Hepatitis 101” workshops for staff of agencies who provide services to persons at increased risk for hepatitis A and B infection. Participants may include HIV testing sites as well as community clinics that provide hepatitis vaccine and would like their staff to have additional knowledge relating to hepatitis A and B disease.
For additional trainings please see the training calendar.
Learn More About Hepatitis
- Hepatitis A facts
- Hepatitis B facts
- Hepatitis C facts
- Hepatitis A, B, C – know the difference
- Hepatitis B testing flowchart for providers
- CDC Viral Hepatitis Information
- CDC Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases (The Pink Book)
[Hepatitis A] [Hepatitis B]
- CDC Health Information for International Travel (The Yellow Book)
[Hepatitis A] [Hepatitis B] [Hepatitis C]