Check first with your doctor’s office or primary care clinic which is often the best and least expensive place to get vaccinated.
For information on COVID-19 vaccine in San Francisco, please visit www.sf.gov/covidvax.
For back-to-school immunizations, visit our Schools and Childcare page.
San Francisco Flu Shot Locations
Flu shots are available at provider offices, clinics, and pharmacies. Check first with your doctor’s office or primary care clinic which is often the best and least expensive place to get vaccinated. If you do not have a health care provider or your doctor’s office does not administer vaccines, use the Health Map Vaccine Finder to find a location in your neighborhood that is currently offering flu vaccines to the public.
Flu shots are available at retail pharmacies, like Walgreens and CVS. If you have Medi-Cal, Medicare, or some types of private insurance you can receive a flu shot free of charge at any pharmacy where you can normally obtain prescriptions. Call your local pharmacy to confirm that your insurance will cover a flu shot and to schedule an appointment. Patients with Healthy Workers or Healthy San Francisco can only obtain flu shots at their health clinics or one of the free Flu shot locations below.
The San Francisco Department of Public Health and other Community Clinics offer free or low cost flu vaccines to the public.
- AITC Immunization and Travel Clinic has flu vaccines available to the public, many for free or at low-cost. Check the AITC website or call (415) 554-2625 for hours and availability. Appointments required.
- San Francisco Health Network clinics offer free or low cost flu vaccines to San Francisco residents, please call (415) 682-1740 for information on current locations and availability. Appointments may be required.
- For San Francisco residents unable to access flu vaccine at a doctor’s office or pharmacy, flu shots are now available at the following locations. Scheduling an appointment is recommended. (Information for the 2022-23 flu season is currently being updated, please check back)
|San Francisco Free Clinic||4900 California Street, 94118||415-750-9894||Monday- Friday|
9:30-10AM and 4-4:30PM
|By appointment only||Free to uninsured|
Vaccines for Adults
- All vaccines for adults are available at AITC Immunization and Travel Clinic, which is part of the public health department. AITC offers most vaccines for a fee; low-cost options are often available. Appointments are required. Check the AITC website or call (415) 554-2625 for prices, low-cost vaccines, and insurance coverage information.
- Many vaccines are also offered at pharmacies on a walk-in basis. Use the Health Map Vaccine Finder to find a location that offers vaccines.
Vaccines for Children
- Children are best served when they receive vaccines as part of a routine well-child visit from a primary care provider. All children in San Francisco can have access to medical care.
- Call the San Francisco Health Network New Patient Intake Line (415) 682-1740.
- School Immunizations: visit our Schools and Childcare page for a list of clinics taking new patients and offering catch-up immunizations for school-aged children (scroll to the San Francisco Immunization Programs for Children section).
- If your child needs vaccines for international travel, contact AITC.
- Call (415) 554-2955 for information about special immunization clinics for children and families who are having difficulty getting access to vaccines