See San Francisco Flu Shot Locations, below.
Your doctor’s office or primary care clinic is often the best and least expensive place to get vaccinated. Call in advance to check if there’s a cost (all health plans under the Affordable Care Act or Obamacare must offer routinely recommended vaccinations with no co-pay), and to make sure the vaccines you need are in stock.
If your doctor’s office does not have the vaccines you need, or you cannot get an appointment in time, check the options below.
Vaccines for Adults
- All vaccines for adults are available at AITC Immunization and Travel Clinic, which is part of the public health department. AITC offers most vaccines on a drop-in basis for a fee. Appointments are required for persons planning international travel. Check the AITC website or call (415) 554-2625 for prices, low-cost vaccines, and insurance coverage information.
- Many vaccines are also offered at pharmacies on a walk-in basis. Use the Health Map Vaccine Finder to find a location that offers vaccines.
Vaccines for Children
- Children are best served when they receive vaccines as part of a routine well-child visit from a primary care provider. All children in San Francisco can have access to medical care.
- Call the San Francisco Health Network New Patient Intake Line (415) 682-1740.
- If your child needs vaccines for international travel, contact AITC.
- Call (415) 554-2955 for information about special immunization clinics for children and families who are having difficulty getting access to vaccines.
San Francisco Flu Shot Locations
- Flu shots are widely available at provider offices, clinics, and pharmacies. Use the Health Map Vaccine Finder to find a location in your neighborhood that is currently offering flu vaccines to the public.
- The San Francisco Department of Public Health offers the following convenient locations where any member of the public can easily receive a standard flu vaccine. (If you are seeking a special flu vaccine, such as the “senior” vaccine or the “nasal spray” vaccine, please call ahead to check availability and cost
|Day and Time||Location||Address||Phone||Access||Cost
(Free if unable to pay)
Wed 9 am-4pm
|AITC Immunization & Travel Clinic||101 Grove Street, Room 102||415-554-2625||Walk-In||$26 or Free|
|Mon thru Fri|
Please call for appointment
|Chinatown Public Health Center||1490 Mason Street, 2nd Floor||415-364-7600||By Appointment Only||$2 or Free|
Thu 8am-1pm, 2:30-5pm
|Potrero Hill Health Center|
- Daily Schedule
|1050 Wisconsin St||415-648-3022||Walk-In||$2 or Free
|Tue Nov 19, 9am-11am|
Tue Dec 10, 9am-11am
Tue Dec 17, 9am-11am
|Potrero Hill Health Center|
- Special Sessions
|1050 Wisconsin St||415-648-3022||Walk-In||$2 or Free|
|Tom Waddell Urgent Care Clinic||50 Tom Waddell Place (Ivy Street, Lech Walesa)||415-355-7500||Walk-In||$2 or Free|
|Tom Waddell Urban Health Clinic||230 Golden Gate Ave||415-355-7500||Walk-In||$2 or Free|
If you would like to post or share the flyer containing dates of some of the flu clinics listed in the table above, you can access it by clicking the language of your choosing here: [English] [Spanish] [Chinese]