Is your facility located in San Francisco? Concerned about a flu outbreak in your institution? Contact the Communicable Disease Control Unit by phone at (415) 554-2830. We are here to help!
Below is a list of resources created specifically for the LTCF setting. Additional materials will be added over the next few months. Please check back frequently for updates.
Materials created by the San Francisco Department of Public Health:
- To access our annual Influenza Health Update please visit the San Francisco Department of Public Health, Health Alerts web page.
- Influenza and Influenza-like Illness Recommendations Checklist for Long-Term Care Facilities
- Influenza-like Illness Patient List (Microsoft Excel 2007 Version)
- Influenza-like Illness Patient List (Microsoft Excel 2003 Version)
- Influenza-like Illness Patient List (Microsoft Word Version)
- Mandatory Influenza Vaccination or Masking of Health Care Workers 2017-2018
- For the latest immunization updates, check out our Vax Facts web page.
Materials created by other public health and government organizations:
- Recommendations for the Prevention and Control of Influenza in California Long-Term Care Facilities from the California Department of Public Health (October 2016 UPDATE)
- CDC Toolkit for Long-Term Care Employers: Increasing Influenza Vaccination Among Health Care Personnel in Long-Term Care Settings
Preventing Influenza in Long-Term Care Facilities: Guidelines and Best Practices
The San Francisco Department of Public Health is currently meeting with LTCFs across the city to discuss evidence based strategies for preventing influenza cases and outbreaks in the LTCF setting. If your facility is interested in being trained, please contact a Public Health Nurse by calling (415) 554-2830. All materials from the training, including a PDF of the full PowerPoint presentation are available below. Please note that all documents in the resources section above are presented during the training, but will not be duplicated in the list below.
- PowerPoint Presentation titled Preventing Influenza in Long-Term Care Facilities: Guidelines and Best Practices
- Letter for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs) Regarding Flu Vaccination Rate Data Collection: Sent to all SNFs in September 2015
- Flyer: Visitors are Welcome, but the Flu is Not
- Establishing an Influenza Vaccination Program for Staff: Best Practices
- Order or Download Free Disease Prevention/Health Promotion Materials from SFDPH
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Toolkit for Long-Term Care Employers: Key Links
- Overview: Increasing Influenza Vaccination Among Health Care Workers in LTCF Settings
- Health Care Worker (HCW) Flu Vaccine Information
- Importance of HCW Vaccination
- Percentage of HCW Getting Vaccinated: Preliminary 2016-2017 Influenza Season Coverage Estimates
- Barriers and Strategies to Improve Flu Vaccine Coverage
- Resources for Increasing Flu Vaccine Rates in LTCF Settings
- Measuring and Reporting Flu Vaccine Coverage Rates of HCWs in LTCF Settings
- Interim Guidance for Influenza Outbreak Management in LTCFs
- Guidance on the Use of Influenza Antiviral Agents
- Influenza Specimen Collection Guidance, Including Nasopharyngeal Swab (11” x 17” Poster)
- Recommended Dosage and Duration of Influenza Antiviral Medications for Treatment or Chemoprophylaxis