Is your facility located in San Francisco? Concerned about a flu outbreak in your institution? Contact the Communicable Disease Control Unit by phone at (415) 554-2830. We are here to help!
Below is a list of resources created specifically for the LTCF setting. Additional materials will be added over the next few months. Please check back frequently for updates.
Materials created by the San Francisco Department of Public Health:
- To access our annual Influenza Health Update please visit the San Francisco Department of Public Health, Health Alerts web page.
- Influenza-like Illness Patient List (Microsoft Excel 2007 Version)
- Influenza-like Illness Patient List (Microsoft Excel 2003 Version)
- Influenza-like Illness Patient List (Microsoft Word Version)
- Health Officer Order: Mandatory Influenza Vaccination for Healthcare Workers for 2020-21 Flu Season (2021-22 update in progress)
- For the latest immunization updates, check out our Vax Facts web page.
Materials created by other public health and government organizations:
- Recommendations for the Prevention and Control of Influenza in California Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) during the COVID-19 Pandemic from the California Department of Public Health (Updated October 2020)
Preventing Influenza in Long-Term Care Facilities: Guidelines and Best Practices
- Influenza & COVID-19 Recommendations Checklist for Long-Term Care Facilities
- PowerPoint Presentation titled Preventing Influenza in Long-Term Care Facilities: Guidelines and Best Practices
- Flyer: Visitors are Welcome, but the Flu is Not
- Establishing an Influenza Vaccination Program for Staff: Best Practices
- Order or Download Free Disease Prevention/Health Promotion Materials from SFDPH
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Toolkit for Long-Term Care Employers: Key Links
- Overview: Increasing Influenza Vaccination Among Health Care Workers in LTCF Settings
- Health Care Worker (HCW) Flu Vaccine Information
- Interim Guidance for Influenza Outbreak Management in LTCFs
- Guidance on the Use of Influenza Antiviral Agents
- Influenza Specimen Collection Guidance, Including Nasopharyngeal Swab (11” x 17” Poster)
- Recommended Dosage and Duration of Influenza Antiviral Medications for Treatment or Chemoprophylaxis